Thursday, July 26, 2012

Grumble grumble

That's what I'm doing, grumbling!  I know that Paducah is next April, however, I had the bright idea to call some of the hotels, just in case the internet was not showing open rooms.  I found two places that had openings!  Now, before you get all excited, like I did, there were some major catches...and they were all Ben Franklins!  If I wanted to pay four times as much for a room that only had one bed and a pull out couch, my friend and I could stay in Paducah!  Hey, I know it's the American way to make a buck when you can, but it just seems wrong that they would upcharge by so much during an event week like that.  And one of the places had a 90 day cancellation policy, the other wanted prepayment and a minimum stay of four days. 

Marion, IL is a beautiful place....  :)  Thank you, Super 8, for not gouging me to stay an hour away from the venue.

I did not get a chance to practice my feathers last night.  Tonight I have to go out, so I doubt I'll get any practice in.  My hubby may be on 12 hour shifts from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. starting tomorrow and going 4 straight days, and yes, that includes Sunday.  If that's the case, I will have a lot of time over the weekend to sew.

No comments: