Saturday, July 7, 2012

Third one done

In case you didn't figure it out - I didn't get to Arthur yesterday.  My friend couldn't go.  That was why Johanna and I ended up in Fairview - I had the bug to fabric shop, even if I didn't buy any fabric.

Today I finished the third Quilt's Beyond Borders.  I did a small stipple/meander on the entire quilt.  I changed thread colors for different areas.  The border was all done in yellow thread, which was hard for me to see.  I always did have trouble seeing yellow for some weird reason.  In the solid squares I used a blue thread and in the rail blocks I used red.  There was a solid red in those rail blocks that the thread was difficult to see in also.






So it's waiting for binding, now.  I still haven't decided if I'll bind them or send them back unbound, but I'm leaning towards binding them.

The next QBB I'm putting on the frame is real pretty.  It's got different coffee themed squares.  I'm wondering how to quilt it, of course.  That seems to be a sticking point with me now, but I'm determined to get past this being a roadblock.

No comments: