Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Advance planning

I know next April is nine months away.  However, today I made hotel reservations for three nights during the quilt show in Paducah next year.  This may sound silly to some of you, but I challenge you to find a hotel room (at a reasonable rate) in Paducah right now, today, for that week of the quilt show.  Not happening, my friends.  The reservation is for a hotel an hour away from Paducah.  And I'm okay with that. 

One of these years I will get reservations in Paducah, though.  I would like to stay in the city because it would be nice to be able to take a nice break between the show and going to dinner or whatever in the evenings.  The city really caters to the quilt show attendees and has a lot going on that week.

But I'm not complaining about having to stay an hour away.  Going to enjoy it when the time comes, that's for sure.  Just in case, though, I think I might keep checking availability with the hotels in Paducah in case someone cancels their reservation...

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Good luck! Hotel bookings can be very strange, you never know what might happen... how did your feather practice go?