Friday, July 6, 2012

A new book

New to me anyway.  Today Johanna and I went shopping and out to eat.  We made a couple stops together, then I dropped her off at Kohl's and I went to JoAnn's.  Would you believe I only bought two things, and neither were fabric?  I bought batting for the Quilt's Beyond Borders and a new (to me) book of quilting designs.
There were a few books that had quilting designs but I thought this one was the best choice.  At one point, I guess my brain quit working because I kept looking through the book and on the back cover trying to find out how many designs were in it!  Duh - 501 Quilting Motifs!  I'm such a dork.  To be fair, this is day 9 of triple digit temperatures.  I'm sick of this heat...

When we got home, my friend Lori came over with her married daughter and grandson to swim.  We were out there for about an hour.  It wasn't horrible, being outside in the pool, but once you got out, it was yucky.

Here's Lori and I in the pool.  Lori managed to keep her glasses on and not get her hair wet!  I've known Lori since first grade, although I moved away for quite a while, when we moved back, Lori and I were friends right away again. 


No comments: