Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Decisions, decisions

This picture is off of the Nolting website.  It's one of the ruler bases they offer for my machine.  I have a choice between it and the one below, also a pic from the Nolting website:
The one on top is about half the price of the one below.  I'm going to try it out first and see if I like it.  If I don't I will return it and purchase the one pictured below.

I tried to do some straight lines, using a block of plexiglass about 4" square, without a ruler base.  It was difficult because even a piece that size kept wanting to slip off the machine.  I think a ruler base is definitely needed for any kind of ruler work.

I have to say, I like the looks of the bottom one better.  Of course, I would - it's more expensive!  haha.  There I go again with my champagne taste and beer pocketbook!  haha.

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I have the one on the bottom and I love it. It screws to the machine. I have a different one that clamps and I can never get it tight enough so it doesn't wiggle.

bunbear said...

Thanks, Judy, for your input. I'm starting to think the one you have might be a better choice, just from the looks of it. Do you have a Nolting, also?