Sunday, July 1, 2012

Too hot to do anything outside

This is day four or five of 100 degree plus heat.  I'm outside as little as possible, so, instead of cleaning house, which is what I probably should be doing, I'm downstairs quilting on Gemma.  Here's a couple pics of the quilting I'm doing on this charity top.  I did not make the top, it was sent to me.

The top pic is the quilting in the borders.  The wide border is on the right side and is the outer border.  I'm doing a figure eight pattern in it.  The smaller, light blue is the inner border.   I'm doing a loopy design in it.  That border is about an inch wide and the wider border is about four inches wide.

The second pic is of some of the quilting designs.  This quilt is made of uneven strips so I thought I would do a different pattern of quilting in each row.  I haven't quilted each row yet, but in the one row is a line with tiny loops, kind of made to look like raindrops.  The next one is of a spiral design, and the third is just stacked circles.

More pics to come (Dora! :) ) !  Now I'm off to the basement!  I picked up a couple of dowel rods that I needed to help stabilize a table.  Going to see if I can't get that set up this week.

No comments: