Saturday, July 21, 2012

7 done

Yup, I finished quilting the 7th QBB today!  I would have a picture of it but the battery on my phone was dead, so as soon as I get my phone charged up I will take a pic and post it.  I have the last top, number 8, hanging over the frame waiting to be loaded and quilted.  Moving right along!

My friend told me she will have the tee shirt quilt pieces ready for me in a week or two.  I am making it for her, but she is preparing the tee shirts by cutting them apart and ironing on stabilizer.  I'll square them up, sew them together and quilt them.  That's one paying customer.

Another paying customer may be a coworker who wants a simple cover for her king sized bed.  She just wants two pieces of material quilted together simply.  She has the material purchased already. 

These jobs aren't what I'm wanting to specialize in, but I will certainly take them.  It will be nice to have a little variety.

I'm looking forward to having the QBB all quilted.  I think I'm going to go ahead and put the bindings on them before I send them back.  I'd like to put one of my own tops on the frame next.

No comments: