Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summertime, summertime, oh summer summertime...

This is like day 29 or something of excessively hot temperatures.  Is anyone else wishing for snow?

Last night my dad called and asked if he and my stepmother could come over tonight and see the longarm machine.  I've been talking about it for months now and he just hasn't had the time to get over to see it, or he's been sick and hasn't wanted to come. 

Since the Quilts Beyond Borders have all been quilted, I didn't have anything on the frame.  It's hard for a non-quilter to imagine how the whole operation works, so I went downstairs and loaded two pieces of muslin and a piece of batting onto the frame just to have something to show them when they come over.

And just because it will be loaded, I think I will use that practice piece to try and make some feathers.  I haven't really attempted any yet, so wish me luck!  Gotta start somewhere...

Still doing well on my diet.  I've lost 9 pounds so far - whoopee!  51 to go...  Hey, I'll get there.  Eventually.  Stopped at a roadside stand last night and bought a mess of tomatoes, peppers, corn and watermelon.  If it were possible to overdose on fresh garden tomatoes, I would be in the hospital.  Love, love, love 'em!

No comments: