Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another quilt in progress

Here's a corner of the quilt I have on the frame now.  It's another charity quilt for Quilts Beyond Borders.  It's quite colorful and a real pretty top.  I got a little stuck on how to quilt the squares.  I'm doing a small stipple/meander in the yellow gingham border.  It's in yellow thread.  I'm thinking that I'll do a brick pattern in the rail blocks in yellow thread.  Then maybe a small stipple/meander in blue thread in the other blocks.

Nick decided to go camping for a long weekend.  Ev and I stopped at the store and bought him some stuff to munch on.  A camping care package for a 21 year old.  No beer in it - he can buy that himself if he wants it.
I'm going to Arthur tomorrow morning to meet my friend Mary and to do some shopping.  I love going there.  This will be the first time I've seen the new place where my favorite shop moved to.  Hope it's nice.

I'm looking forward to getting some fabric there and then getting some spices and herbs at my other favorite store.  The last time I went I bought some frozen rhubarb.  I made a couple strawberry rhubarb pies and gave one to Uncle Ray.  If I get some tomorrow I'll have to make him a pie again.  He's been giving me zucchini and cukes out of the garden already.  I'm anxious for the tomatoes to get ripe, but who knows if they will - we badly need rain.  This is the 8th consecutive day in triple digit temps.  It's getting really old.

The extension bed for ruler work arrived today.  I don't like it one bit.  I'm going to return it and get the other one.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Nice care package for Nick! Sorry you didn't like the extension tray; hope the other one is perfect for you. That flashlight is amazing! Good find!

LaDonna