Sunday, July 8, 2012

One step forward and two steps back...

Sometimes I feel that's what I'm doing on the longarm!  Today I have been a quilting fiend and almost have the fourth QBB quilted.  I turned the take up reel for the second to the last time and what do you think I found?  Loops.  Ugh.  It seems to be confined to a spot where the backing material was different, so my plan is to continue quilting the rest of the quilt, then roll back to the offending area and pick, pick, pick.  Not one of my favorite things, but it will have to be done.

Here's a sample of the quilting I'm doing on the top:

I did a spiral in the one border, a loopy meander in the light brown and a diagonal swirl in each block.  It was one of the blocks that had the loops on the back, so at least the picking will be of mostly straight lines.

My darling husband was being goofy this morning and was dancing around the room.  I snapped a picture, but it was too late - he had already turned around.  Here it is anyway::

He's so funny.

Nick is on his way home from camping.  I'm glad because I want him to check all our computers to make sure we are going to be able to get online tomorrow, since there is that scare with the DNS malware that I really don't completely understand and really don't want to try and understand...  I like the way the guy on the youtube video put it "If you are one of the IT savvy people please help your friends and family that are not" or something like that.  hee hee hee. 

Johanna is making some tilapia filets for dinner and they smell divine! 

No comments: