Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chicken mix and match recipe

Yesterday I used up some leftovers along with a few new ingredients to make a dinner for Ev that he really liked.  Since I seem to just make these dishes up, sometimes I don't always remember them when I want to make them again.  So, I'm going to put the recipe here on the blog and maybe I'll be able to find it again when I need it.

Here's what I did.  I boiled a couple of chicken breasts and cut them up.  I took the kernels off the two leftover corn on the cobs, cut up what was left of the portabella mushrooms I grilled, and cut a couple of the boiled new potatoes into cubes.  I put some garlic butter in the skillet and threw everything in.  After a few minutes I added a can of cream of mushroom soup and a little milk.  Then I added some cooked spaghetti.  Ev raved about it.  I'm hoping he will keep his appetite so he doesn't lose weight in this heat.

No comments: