Saturday, September 25, 2010

Buggies everywhere!

This was so true today! Donna and I went to Arthur, IL, about a 2 and a half hour drive away. There is an Amish settlement in that area and we like to visit the shops and restaurants. We started out by having breakfast at a wonderful restaurant there. They had a buffet and on it were these to-die-for pecan rolls. Oh, they were just heavenly!

We then walked around downtown Arthur, going in shops here and there. We went into a quilt shop, and antique shop, a music shop, and a cheese shop. We got some fudge and cheese in these shops.

Then we drove to another quilt shop where I picked up a cookbook. We went to the bulk foods store and I stocked up on herbs and spices, along with cinnamon rolls and caramels for the kids.

Our last stop was a dry goods store where I bought fabric. And oh, did I buy fabric.... They had some material on sale, so I got a little of this and a little of that. Then I saw THE BOLT. Yes, it called my name, dear readers. It is a white material with a smallish green pattern shot through it. Cotton, of course. It was hiding in a corner and was marked (are you sitting down?) $1 per yard! It was a full bolt of fabric! I took it to the counter and brazenly asked about how many yards she thought was on THE BOLT. Giving a rough estimate, the very nice clerk told me she estimated 22 yards at least. I asked how much for the whole bolt. She hemmed a bit and hawed, started at $20 then said how about $18? Feeling guilty for knocking down the price of it when she was practically giving it away already, I said $18 sounded good, and I will take it!

So, I figure every quilt I make until I die will probably have some of this material in it! haha. Or I can get at least 4 good sized quilt backs out of it, maybe more. It was a good day!

No comments: