Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pink top done

Here's the pink baby quilt top. I'm not sure if I want to put a border on it or not, but I am leaning towards not. I have a cute pink material with baby bottles on it for the back. I also have a varigated thread to use on the machine quilting. It's a light group of colors including pink and purple. I am bound and determined to just do the free motion quilting on the old Singer. Whatever it looks like when it is done, I think it will be okay.

I am not too thrilled with the block pattern. Glad I made a baby quilt before jumping into a full size one like I was thinking of doing. I need to find a good block pattern to make a masculine quilt. The block itself wasn't difficult, but I didn't like the way it was difficult to match all the corners and points when putting the individual blocks into rows and then putting the rows together.

I did practice some more machine quilting. That practice piece I have been working on looks pretty disjointed as far as the quilting goes, but it's not a museum piece. When it's done I am going to finish off the edges and let one of the animals use it.

No comments: