Thursday, September 9, 2010

I need sleep

Last night I didn't get much sleep. Everett went out for a beer after work, something he does once in a while during the week. When he has a beer or two, he usually snores when he comes to bed. Snoring, as a rule, doesn't bother me. I'm pretty easy going about it. Well, at some point last night his snoring turned into these growling sounds. It's hard to explain, but when he exhaled it was like grrrrrrr. Here's where it gets interesting.

Ivy was laying in bed with me, on the other side of me from Ev. She isn't disturbed by his snoring either, as she was out like a light. Until the growling started. On one side of me is my darling husband, growling every time he exhaled. On the other side of me is my pup, on full alert now from her sound slumber. Every time Ev would growl, Ivy would growl! Back and forth they went... I didn't know who to hit with the pillow first! Agh.

Then top it all off with the neighbor's hound that just bays all night long, and I had to get up and search in three different rooms for ear plugs. Never did find any. I was still awake at 4:30 (the growling duel had started around 2:45). Tonight, I think I will be going to bed early!

Here's a pic of the log cabin squares so far. I have about 17 more to put a round of light colored strips on. Then they will all need one more complete round, half dark, half light. I even went upstairs before work today and sewed for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Marge Gordon said...

FUNNY, I know it wasn't that night, but hopefully it is funny now. AND hopefully it doesn't happen too often!