Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm full

We just got back from the little bar and grill uptown. Ev had a couple beers and a huge cheeseburger. I had iced tea and a blt wrap sandwich. Delbert went with us. We rode the motorcycles. I didn't mind riding up on the bike because it's only about five blocks from home. The food was real good and I'm stuffed to the gills. Back on the diet tomorrow!

Before supper, I went upstairs and sewed the squares all into rows for the log cabin quilt. I need to get up there and press them, then sew the rows together. I want to get it done tonight yet.

I'm getting quite a nice collection of tops finished. Maybe I'll try to do a little bit of hand quilting some time soon, too. I have had Tennessee August in the hoop for a long time.

When I took Uncle Ray the coffee cake, he gave me a few tomatoes and a few fresh apples off his tree. Most of the apple off the tree had bad spots on them this year. He's been peeling and slicing apples for the freezer (translates to pies for the winter). The apples that are good for eating he sets aside and eats or gives away. I would have taken a few more, but Johanna was my big apple eater and she didn't want to come back for some today.

No comments: