Thursday, September 16, 2010

One more border to go

One more border to go! The log cabin has two borders done and one more to go. I'm starting to wonder if I have enough of the last material to make the final border. Going to have to measure it really well before I start it. If there isn't enough, I have some other material to mix in with it, even though I don't want to do that.

It's funny how I get a quilt project in my head and just have to get moving on it. The log cabin was started last year in July at Woodhaven when we were on vacation. I pulled it out and just had to finish it. Now, I have to get that last border on it so I can start the next top. It's going to be one of the mystery quilt blocks. Can't remember the number of it right now, but I have a good idea what I want to make it with. I want to make it with recycled men's shirts and muslin. But first, I'm thinking of making a baby quilt with the block just to get the feel for it and make sure I like it before committing to a big quilt. The baby quilt would be made with new fabrics, of course. The neighbor across the street is going to have a baby girl within the next few weeks and I really would like to make a quick quilt for her.

Ev said he is scheduled to work Saturday, but that they might call him off. That does happen alot, but I am really hoping they don't. When he is at work on the weekends two things happen. One, I stick to my diet so much better, and two, I get a lot of sewing done!

No comments: