Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just do it

I think I get what Nike meant now... I decided to 'just do it' and started machine quilting on the baby quilt. I finished the practice quilt as my warm up. Decided to do an allover loopy pattern for the quilting. It's very simple, very forgiving, and very easy. I have about a third of the quilt quilted and I am really feeling good about it! This is a big deal to me and if it's successful, I think I may just go on and put one of the other tops together and quilt it next.

Tomorrow I am taking the day off to go to Springfield. I should be back in town before noon. I'm going to take my old Kenmore with me and on the way home swing by the new shop that repairs machines. I'll just drop her off and then pick her up when she's done. I hate to do it, but the clutch issue has become too much of an aggravation to ignore anymore.

I set up Gram's old machine in place of my Kenmore. I intend to make a small dolly quilt and a little dolly dress for that ten inch muslin doll I made a while back. I want to give it, along with the quilt, to the neighbor across the street and her little girl. The neighbor is due to deliver any time now. I have seen her little girl playing with dolls so I think she will like this one. I started to put some yarn on it for hair tonight. I'm leary about drawing the face on, but again, I have to 'just do it'!

Kitty came through with flying colors. I didn't expect anything else. Ivy didn't take her eyes off of Shadow for the first couple hours they were together again today! I think she was worried about her yesterday!

No comments: