Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just not happening

Well, I really wanted to finish that log cabin top today, but it's just not going to happen. Del came over after supper and we all sat and watched some football. Then I did get upstairs for half an hour and pressed the seams on the rows of the log cabin. All I need to do now is sew the rows together and put a border on it. I think I will use the dark pink for the border, or at least one of the borders if I make more than one.

In doing a little blog surfing today I realized it is Grandparent's Day. I have texted my kids to remind them, the rest is up to them. I'm a little sad because this is my first Grandparent's Day without a grandparent, although I do think this is just a Hallmark holiday to sell cards. A few days ago I posted about my grandmothers and great grandmother. I didn't mention much about my grandfathers. They were all good men. Some other day I will talk about them, but to all the grandparents out there I hope you had a blessed and happy holiday today! I am looking forward to a time well into the future when I get a card on this holiday!

I'm tired and am going to turn the t.v. on and watch t.v. in bed. Ivy is already snuggled in at my feet and sleeping like a baby. Must be her clear conscience allowing her to sleep so easily!

No comments: