Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Tuesday that feels like a Monday

The first day back to work after a weekend is always so draining to me. All day I think about coming home to do some sewing and then when I get home I just don't have any energy to do anything.

Today my friend Anne at work brought two bags of scraps to work for me. I got through just over one of them, sorting by color, when I got home. I just did that while sitting on the couch watching t.v. Will sort the rest tomorrow, probably. Anne went to a church rummage sale over the weekend and got several bags of material. What she gave to me was stuff she didn't want. I'm tickled pink to have it. Alot of the pieces were just too small to keep. What I did keep I think I might make some string blocks with.

Getting back to my diet. Back on my points. Seems like vacation sent me in a tailspin with the diet. I just get back to it and Labor Day weekend hits. Didn't do too bad over the weekend at least. Today I was real good. This coming weekend may be a challenge as my dad is having his annual beef in the ground picnic. There should be enough to choose from with the side dishes that I will have plenty to eat, but the temptation of all the goodies will be rough.

I made Ev some polish sausage for supper. Not much to that dinner, quick and easy.

Still praying and waiting for Gram's house to sell in St. Louis.

No comments: