Sunday, September 12, 2010

Decisions, decisions

I have decided, with a little help from Ev and Johanna, that I will put the log cabin blocks in a barn raising setting. I had made 38 blocks, but only needed 36. In the mix of colors, there were some blocks that had a darker pink for one of the inner rounds. Rather than just mix them in randomly, they looked really nice when I put them on the corners and in the middle. The only problem is that I was 2 short of the dark colored ones, so I'm remaking 2 of the blocks. Not a big deal. I have ripped and just need to cut two strips and go up and sew those blocks. I have laid out the quilt and have the squares stacked up and ready to be sewn into rows.

Made a really easy coffee cake from scratch this morning. It's pretty simple and uses pie filling. It has some lemon in it, just a hint, and a crumble topping. Ev and Johanna liked it. I took a big chunk of it over to Uncle Ray.

Johanna and Ben stopped over for a few minutes today. They were going to his mom's and had their dog with them. It was in a crate so he let him out and we let Ivy out and they ran all over the yard. Ivy got along with Jax real well.

I don't feel like cooking. Ev just had a couple blt's. They were easy to make because I had microwave bacon. Tonight we are just going uptown and picking up something quick, I guess.

I really really really want a longarm machine.... sigh. Someday.

No comments: