Friday, September 17, 2010

I forgot I sewed before work this morning!

It must have been a really long day today. Tonight I went upstairs to press the final border on the log cabin quilt. I did that, then did some straightening up. I also set up a big table behind the old Singer. Gearing up for trying my hand at more machine quilting. Anyway, when I was done upstairs, I went to write down the time I spent up there this evening and I realized that this morning I had been up there for almost an hour! It was a long day, and I'm glad it's over. Also glad this week is over.

So I set up that big table. Now I need to clear off the table that is on the side of the machine. I am going to do a practice piece of just muslin. I hope to get the basics down, even though I have done this before, I'm rusty at it. Then I want to machine quilt the baby top I have finished.

While cleaning up I found a mystery quilt kit I made a while ago. I cut the pieces and saved it all together in a big plastic bag with the instructions and extra material. I think I might hold off making that for now. Maybe I will kit up a couple things for our Paducah trip in April!

Nick stopped by for about an hour. He had an upset stomach and I made him some soup. He seemed to feel better after that, although I think one of the reasons he didn't feel well is because he was nervous that I was going to be upset with him over a conversation we had about school a few days ago. Not so, and he left in a good mood to go see his buddy's and plan a computer party.

Here's a pic of the border of the log cabin. Tomorrow I'll try and get a pic of the whole top and post it.

Went to the bar and grill uptown and got fried fish for dinner. It is not sitting well with me. Too greasy. ugh.

No comments: