Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Monday

It's a little after 9 a.m. and we are getting moving around here. I've been up and had my shower already, but Ev just rolled out of bed and is getting his shower. We are going to go up to Rt. 66 Diner and have some breakfast. Probably stop at the grocery store before we come home. I mentioned making beef stew for supper and didn't get much of a response, so I'm hoping during breakfast Ev will give me some idea of what he wants for supper so I can get the shopping done for it and be able to spend most of my day sewing.

I've got the bug now and want to get on those log cabin blocks. I need 36 blocks for the top. Somewhere along the line when I started I made 38. Well, I kept setting the extra two aside, but somehow or another they just kept sneaking into the pile and have grown along with the other 36. I am going to just go ahead and make the extra two and then maybe incorporate them into the back or make pillows with them.

I've also got a bunch of men's shirts that I need to get organized. Right now they are just in bins, but what I would like to do is get them deconstructed into usable pieces so I can take off and make quilts with them. That may be a 'sit in front of the t.v.' project some day when I don't feel like going upstairs.

I still have the Tennessee August quilt to work on. It's one I've been hand quilting, but haven't worked on for a long time. Now I'm kind of waiting for Ivy to settle a bit before I pull it out again. At least that's my excuse for letting it age! haha.

No comments: