Monday, September 13, 2010

Three rows together, three to go!

I didn't get to sew much tonight, but I did get three of the six rows of the log cabin put together. It won't take long to put the other rows together, then put the border on. Not completely sure what I'll be doing for a border. I don't want to take away from the simplicity of the lines in the blocks and in the barn raising setting.

I've got to start thinking about a baby quilt for Lori's daughter. She is due in December. I have one top done that I am thinking of giving her. She is having a boy and it would be suitable. Not sure which direction I will go with that yet.

Didn't really cook tonight. I picked up some breaded chicken strips from the deli. Made chicken bacon ranch sandwiches for Ev. We used to have those a lot and he liked them. I didn't have one because of the points. My dinner may sound strange, but it was good and I liked it. I had three corn tortillas, with an ear of corn's worth of corn roasted with a couple green onions, tomato and salsa on them. Pretty good, really. And filling. Had pizza for lunch, which was too much. But one of my old co workers was back in the office for the day so we all went out to lunch.

Ev has a union meeting tonight after work.

I have had a really bad pain in my big toe on the right foot. I'm wondering if it's arthritis. Seems like it feels better if I soak in a hot tub. I hope my toes don't try to do like Gram V's did - she had horrible hammer toes. Maybe I should go see a podiatrist. Ugh.

No comments: