Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bright colors, kitties, and fishbones



Are you dizzy yet? Here is a picture of some of the quilting I did on this child's quilt. The center of the quilt has 16 pinwheels, so I did a spiral motif in each one of them. They are by no means perfect. In fact, they are quite wonky and imperfect. But I'm leaving them in. Again, this is not a museum piece and I have given myself permission to not be perfect right now! haha. Practice practice practice. That's what I'm gonna do.

The back of the quilt has the puzzle material with the strips of bright colors and one pinwheel block smack dab in the center. I like it and so does Ev and Johanna. Both of them said it could easily be the front of the quilt, that they liked it that much! Big compliment in my opinion and it sure made me feel good!

Next part I'm going to quilt will be the 1" border separating the pinwheels from the rest of the quilt. There's a picture of my practice fish. At least I hope they look like fish... The first couple didn't have eyes and the tails were straight. As I was making them I thought giving them eyes and curving the tail would make them look more fish-like. I'll practice a few more then put the little suckers on the quilt. Still not 100% sure what I'm going to quilt on the rest of it.