Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday night

Not much going on. I did start machine quilting on the baby quilt. I started doing a meandering loop in the outer border. Probably not the recommended way to begin quilting, but I wanted to be sure the backing was attached at the edges because it was such a close fit.

I put a size 14 needle in the old Singer and fiddled with the tension on the bobbin a bit. It just seems to be trial and error with the tension issues. Eventually I will find a happy medium. Eventually.

So I walked quite a bit today. In addition to my ten and twenty minute walks at work on my breaks, I walked uptown to meet Lori at Tilley's. We split a wrap and fries, then we walked to the other end of Main Street and back. Then walked home. I felt like that justified having the fries. Well, maybe not, but it felt good to walk. I'm going to try and keep it up as much as I can. That helps so much with the weight loss.

I'm anxious now to be finished with this baby quilt because I really do want to make some more chunky churndash blocks and set them with quarter square triangles. I have 18 blocks and I'm thinking that really isn't enough to make a quilt of any kind of size other than a baby quilt.

No comments: