Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Over the hump


The middle of the week has come and gone. I'm glad we are on the downside of it.

Here's a pic of the baby quilt progress. The colors don't look like they do in the pic. The greens and yellows are more defined. I do like how it turned out so far. I have some companion material to the focus squares that I'm using for a 3" border next. It has cars and trucks in a smaller scale on it. That will be the last border and then I will pin baste and machine quilt. In fact, I already have two sides of the last border put on. I did that after I snapped this photo. Probably put the other two sides on it in the morning and press before I go to work.

Saturday night we are supposed to go see a comedian at a show uptown. I'm really looking forward to it. Bill and Diane are going with us.

Last night I made two meals. One was hamburger helper and the other was cabbage rolls. Ev had hamburger helper last night so tonight he can have cabbage rolls. I know they aren't his favorite, but they are pretty good this time around. I took Uncle Ray a plate of them with some new potatoes tonight when I got home from work. I want to try and remember to take a container of them tomorrow to my friend Anne at work.

I'm just tossing the idea around right now, but I have 18 chunky churndash blocks that will finish to 9" sitting upstairs in my stash. I saw a really neat way to put them together with quarter square triangle blocks. I think I may make a few more chunky churndash blocks then put together a top. Been in the mood to finish things lately, and getting those blocks put together would be some progress.

I am so wanting a Nolting longarm. The 24" Pro is my dream machine right now. If I had the money, I would get it in a heartbeat. I know I could make money with it, quilting for others. It wouldn't take me much practice at all, I don't think. That's another reason I'm content to make a lot of tops right now. I want to have a nice stash of them ready to practice quilting on!

No comments: