Saturday, October 2, 2010

A rug cleaning fool

That's what I was last night - I steam cleaned the carpet in the sitting room and the front room. (I don't know why it's called a sitting room because no one sits there! It's just a wasted room between the kitchen and front room that has the stairs going up in it.) The area at the bottom of the stairs was a favorite 'accident' place for Ivy and I just couldn't stand the thought of it anymore. So I rented a Rug Doctor from the grocery store. Spent a couple hours last night going over the carpet in that area and in the front room. I am going to go over them again this morning before I take the machine back (1 day rental). I'm pleased with the outcome as of right now, but I want to go over them again with more of the pet odor neutralizer just to prevent the dog smell from returning. Hopefully.

Nick just left for work. He has to work 8 to 3 today. Johanna has to work 2 to 10. This is a bummer because I wanted all 4 of us to go to dinner at Lotawata tonight. Johanna usually works 6 to 2 on Saturdays but her schedule got switched up this weekend. So it will just be Ev, Nick and I going to dinner.

I intended to get some sewing done last night, but after doing the rugs I was just beat. Today I would at least like to get another quilt pinned to machine quilt. I was thinking about the blue New Year's Eve mystery top, but I might do the baby quilt top first. It's smaller and I need to have more practice right now. I'm just putting a meandering loop on things for now. Once I get confident with that, I will move on to other things.

No comments: