Saturday, October 16, 2010

A quick finish

Here's a pic of the flannel baby quilt finished. Looks pretty much like the last pic of it. I machine quilted in the ditch on the old Singer. Then I even did the binding on the same machine. I just wrapped the backing material around for the binding. I like the way it came out and the way it came together so quickly. I think if I were to do it again, I would arrange the solid squares differently as this is a little boring in my opinion.

I was leary of machine quilting it because it's flannel. Flannel seems to want to stretch a lot for me. It was okay. There are a couple tucks in the back where the stitching lines cross. My original intent was to stitch in the ditch, then do some other machine quilting on it. However, once I finished the stitching in the ditch, it really had enough quilting on it and I wanted to move on to the other baby quilt I have to have done in a week. So done is better than perfect, as my Stashbuster friends always say!

I'll be heading to St. Louis later this morning. Nervous and excited about the game show try outs. I really hope it isn't so horribly crowded, but it probably will be. I'll be close to my grandmother's house, so I might take a ride over there and check on it. I don't know if I can get in or not because the real estate agent has a lock box on it. At any rate, if I do go past there, I will be sure to hit the JoAnn Fabrics and Hancock's that are within a couple miles of her house! Just going to see how things go.

Tonight we are invited to a party at the Ford dealership. Okay, I know that sounds weird, but it's a small town thing. The owner of the dealership is having a party for his employees and has invited some of his customers. I happened to be one of the lucky ones. We probably won't stay too long, but from what I'm hearing he will have beer, a live band, food (turkey legs and pork chops are what I've heard about so far!) and a bonfire. Sounds like a good time to me. I'm not much of a party goer, but we will have a good time.

No comments: