Sunday, October 24, 2010

I need a nap

I'm home from the baby shower. It's such a lazy afternoon, I'm seriously tempted to take a nap! The quilt was well received. She got a lot of nice gifts. It wasn't one of those fru fru showers where everyone plays a lot of silly games. We came in, ate, played one game, then she opened presents. That's the kind of shower I like!

I had to go to Dollar General before the shower to get wrapping paper. Saw my brother Gus there. He was buying a card for our sister in law. My dad was having a party for her this afternoon. I was invited, as was the rest of my clan, but declined because of the shower.

Gus is having a rough time of it right now in his marital life. I certainly have my own opinions about this situation, and they are not favorable towards his wife. Whatever happens, it's his decision. I just hope he makes the right one.

Going to Tilley's for supper tonight. No surprise there - it is Sunday! haha. Ev's out on a bike ride. He's getting the bike out as much as possible now, knowing that Winter is around the corner and he's going to have to put it away soon.

Johanna just left to go to a friend's to work on a paper for school. She probably won't be home tonight. She says she is spending the night with her friend. I really hope that's where she is staying. If not, I don't want to know.

I want a longarm machine so bad. I have wanted one for years, obviously, but the desire is really getting stronger. I've been watching videos online demonstrating different techniques. I've read Linda Taylor's Guide to Machine Quilting cover to cover several times. I'm on a first name basis with Doug and Lou, the Nolting representatives in LaMoille. Once we get some of our bills paid off, I am going to get it. It's going to happen. Ev got his Harley, it's my turn!

No comments: