Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween again. Here in our little town the kids are allowed to trick or treat two nights. Last night we didn't have many kids at all, so I'm hoping we will have more tonight. Ev was snooping around in the cabinets and just couldn't believe I didn't get any of the "good" candy! He kept asking where I hid the Baby Ruth and Snickers bars. Ummm, Honey, not this year! I blew my diet bad enough with Dum Dum pops. Chocolate bars are waaaayyyy too much temptation!

Both kids have to work today. Nick had to be in at 8 a.m. and Johanna had to be in at 6 a.m. Neither one was thrilled at having to actually get up in the morning. Ev and I are getting ready to go to breakfast this morning. Went to Church last night.

The guys are coming to install the dvr's for our t.v.'s between noon and 5 today. I find that odd that they are working on a Sunday, but I'm okay with it. Didn't have any plans for the afternoon, anyway.

I got upstairs and did some sewing yesterday. I cut enough muslin squares for the cc blocks and cut what I thought was enough strips for strip set piecing on the one part. I need to cut more strips! I have to make at least 23 more blocks to get it to the size I want. I also have to make 41 quarter square triangle blocks to put in between the cc blocks. That part should go fast, but probably will be boring. I'm not set on what the colors will be in the qst blocks. I'm thinking muslin and another solid. This is not my original idea, putting these two blocks together. It's from Bonnie Hunter's website, http://www.quiltville.com . She has got some amazing patterns and ideas on her site. I've been a fan of hers for years and have made several quilts using her patterns and ideas.

Ev took a bike ride yesterday with Delbert and a couple other friends. I was going to make homemade pizza last night for supper, but Ev called and said the guys wanted to stop at Tilley's and did I just want to come up there to eat? Well, duh, not have to cook? You betcha. Nick still had to eat, and I had the stuff ready to go for the pizzas, so I just made him a small olive and cheese pizza. I'll make ours today, unless we end up at Tilley's again...

No comments: