Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life is full of missed opportunities

Today I missed an opportunity to capture something beautiful in a photo. I was taking my walk on my break at work and saw the prettiest sight. On a yellow flower, probably a weed, was a large butterfly. It made the nicest picture and I should have snapped it, but I was on the phone with Ev at the time and can't use the phone and take a pic at the same time. Pics like that have always appealed to me. I always think they would make nice puzzles. I guess that is weird, but who cares.

Johanna is going up north to visit with my mom and family tomorrow evening. Our neighbor Toni is going with her. Toni is Delbert's daughter and her and Johanna are the same age. She's a good kid, too.

Nick was down for a bit tonight. He came down to get a new tire on his car after his last class of the day. Then we went to Denny's and had an early supper. We went to Aldi and I stocked him up on some groceries, then topped off his gas tank at the gas station. He went back to Springfield and I came home.

Didn't make much of a supper. Just had some frozen fish patties for Ev and made some cabbage and noodles. He should like it. I just hope the after effects of the cabbage hold off until I leave for work in the morning...

Went upstairs and pin basted the baby quilt for the shower Sunday. My backing fabric just barely fits. If it happens that it shrinks, I'll trim the borders of the top if I have to. I think I'll use the blue variagated thread. Going to start out using a #14 needle and see if that works okay. Nolting sent me the needles and bobbin case I ordered for the old Singer. I'm glad they could order them for me because I really did not want to give the guy in Highland any business.

No comments: