Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pieces, pieces everywhere...

Here's my progress on the baby quilt for the shower next Sunday. There was a time when this pile of pieces would have sent me into a panic because I would feel like I needed to be further along. I'm not going there this time. I'm confident I can get it done, and if not, there's always plan B.

Spent a good part of today running around getting parts to fix the sink. First we picked up a tube of silicone, thinking we were going to have to do a patch job on it. Then, when Ev wasn't home, I took the pipe wrench to the top nut to see if I could tighten it. And, just like he predicted, it broke loose and made it even worse. So, then when he came home I told him I felt like we needed to just get the right parts and do the job correctly. All the while, not admitting the fact that it was now no longer possible to do the patch job... Hey, a girl's gotta have some secrets! Since we had just picked up his bike from getting the tire fixed, I asked him if he wanted to take a ride and pick up the parts. I gave him the old parts to match up and sent him on his merry way. He came home with what should have been the right thing, but as our luck dictates, it was a defective part. So, I went to the other store that sells parts and got the right thing. After being home five minutes with the right parts, the sink was fixed. All is well.

My friend Mary called with terrible news yesterday. Her daughter was in an accident. She was turning left and a motorcycle was coming straight and ran into her car. The cyclist died at the scene. Her daughter is okay, physically, but gonna need some help getting through this, I'm sure.

I don't regret not going to St. Louis again today. Spending all that time there yesterday wiped me out! I guess I'll have to settle for trying to get on with my online application.

Ev and I and Delbert went to Tilley's again tonight for supper. They expanded their menu and have a fried chicken dinner on Sunday's. I had it, and I am so full it's uncomfortable. I know I should not eat like that, but it's hard to stop, especially when good mashed potatoes are involved. Potatoes are my weakness.

Talked to Mom today. She had made cabbage rolls for dinner and was bragging on how good they tasted. So, of course I had to go get the fixin's for them. I didn't get them made because of the plumbing issues, but intend to make them one night this week. She put her own spin on them and I'm going to copy what she did because it just sounded really good. I also have some chicken legs that I want to put in the crock pot one night. And, I also want to make some spaghetti sauce this week.

No comments: