Monday, October 11, 2010

Fabric frenzy


Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't be within an hour of Arthur and not stop at Miller's Dry Goods! Here are a couple pictures of the material I purchased while there. The black and the silver are mine. The silver is 'thinsulate'. It will be used for potholders for Christmas gifts. The black I would like to use in another brick's and stepping stones quilt. Brick's and stepping stones is from Bonnie Hunter's website and I made two throws from this pattern several years ago for my two brothers.

The other picture is six materials that Johanna picked out for a quilt. I thought if I dragged her into the store, the least I could do is to let her pick some fabrics for a quilt for herself! We have to add a few more fabrics, but there's no hurry. I have other quilts to make and finish before I start this one. Not sure what pattern we will use yet. She will have a part in choosing that also!

I went upstairs and marked squares to make half square triangles for the baby quilt. Didn't sew anything, but spent over an hour up there. I'm hoping the quilt comes together quickly. I refuse to pressure myself to get it done, although I fully expect to do wo. If it's not done for the shower, I will buy a gift and give it later, when it is done. That's all there is to it.

Back to work tomorrow. The other store we stopped in in Arthur was Beachy's. I wanted Johanna to see it, so when I talk about it, she knows what it is. She got a mint whoopie pie! I also got a few more spices, including a 'fajita mix' for my friend Barb at work.

No comments: