Sunday, October 17, 2010

Leaky sink

Woke up this morning to a puddle of water under my kitchen sink. Sigh. The pipes for the waste water from the sink are always springing a leak somewhere. The plumbing is so old in this house. I cleaned up the mess, but it looks like Ev is going to have to do some patch up work, probably with a tube of silicone. What a pain in the patootie.

Here's a pic of the tent and the Wheel Mobile from yesterday. Not a very good pic, I know, but I was in a hurry to get up to it and see what was going on. There were three "shows" that a person could audition at. I was able to get into the first and third shows. The names are drawn at random once you are in the show, to see who will come up on stage and participate. I would estimate 30-40 people per show got to audition. The total amount of people there for all three shows was around 4000! Sooooo, I'm sure you can guess that I did not get an audition. The draw was totally random. I left home at 11:20 in the morning and didn't get home until 7 at night. It was a long day. I am not planning on going back again today.

When I was sitting down in the tent waiting for a show to start I started talking with a woman next to me. She said she had just begun to quilt and had taken a couple lessons. She said the gal who gave her lessons just opened up a bed and breakfast and has it set up as a quilt retreat. I took her name and I'm going to have to check it out.

Ev and I went to that party last night at the Ford Dealership. It was okay. We stayed a little over an hour. Not long, but long enough. Had a plate of food. They had grilled pork chops, grilled turkey legs, potato salad, cole slaw, and other goodies. The pork chops were wonderful. Ev had a couple beers an I actually had a drink.

No comments: