Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday sewing

I feel good about the amount of sewing I was able to accomplish today. I spent three hours upstairs throughout the day working on the kitties and fishbones quilt. I finished the spiral quilting in the pinwheels. I finished the little fishies in the inner border (they look more like fishies when I put eyes in them and curved the tail a little). I started to put pinwheel shapes as the quilting in the four patch blocks. Got about a quarter of them done. I'm thinking about putting a row of hearts inside hearts in the last border. Not set on that yet.

Really feeling good about doing this machine quilting. I'm in a groove with it now. Feels like I am finally getting the old Singer to cooperate. It still has it's moments when thread will break, but they are getting fewer and fewer. It's also happening at times when I understand why it might happen. That makes me feel ahead of the game a little.

Been using Gram's old Kenmore for a little piecing and ordinary sewing. Today I wanted to put some old pillowcases over Ev's feather pillows. Every time I change the pillowcases, his pillows lose feathers all over the place. Well, I got tired of that, so I took old, thin, worn out pillowcases that were destined to go to the rag bag soon and put the pillows into them then sewed the ends closed. Then I put them into pillowcases that weren't as old and worn out and put them on the bed. Hopefully this will solve the feathery mess problem.

Johanna had to work tonight until 10. She texted that she is ready to come home. I don't blame her. 2-10 seems like a long day, even though it's just a regular 8 hours.

No comments: