Saturday, October 23, 2010

Funny night

Got home from the comedy show a little bit ago. There were two comedians. The first was like a warm up act, and he was okay. The second guy was better. I enjoyed it, some parts more than others. I would guess this was the smallest audience they had played to in a long while. There were only about 50 or so people there. The food was just chili and hot dogs. And free beer and soda. The chili was okay, but I like mine better.

The trucks quilt is washed and dried and in a box. I just need to get it wrapped and then will be ready for the shower. I showed it to Ev when it came out of the dryer, and he first said that's nice, then real fast said, wow there's a lot of work in that! I know the first response was while he was watching t.v. and he really hadn't looked at it, but then happened to look and was shocked by all the stitching! That made me feel really good and I appreciated that he recognized how much work went into it. There aren't many men like him around and I sure am lucky to have him! Thank You God.

It took about four and a half hours to finish that quilt today. I'm so glad it's all done because tomorrow I want to make some more chunky churndash blocks. Just have that in my head to do, so I better do it before it makes me crazy! haha.

Nick worked tonight and was going to stay home but he ended up coming here from work and picking up his laundry then heading back to Jay's. He said Jay and some of his friends were going out drinking and he didn't want a stranger sleeping in his bed!

Ivy was so funny last night. I was in bed before Ev and didn't realize that the pup had crawled up on the pillows on his side of the bed. When he came to bed, instead of going to the foot of the bed like she usually does, she stayed up there and Ev didn't bother to move her. She was still there when we woke up this morning! I guess she was just wanting some extra loving and attention. The cats were wanting it too, because Nick said both of them slept in the bed with him last night! The only animal not wanting human contact throughout the night was Wrigley. She likes to sleep on her back, all four legs in the air, on the couch! Such a goofy mutt... cracks me up.

No comments: