Friday, October 29, 2010

Start of a long weekend for me

I have a four day weekend, woohoo! Took an extra day off on Monday, and we have Tuesday off for election day. Sweet! Going to try and get some sewing done. I didn't do any tonight, but plan on getting up early tomorrow and working on stuff.

Why do I always get a new project in my head when I'm in the middle of a different one? I am working on the chunky churdashes, but I have an idea in my head to make a scrappy quilt I saw a picture of on Stashbusters! Sheesh, I just have to finish the cc's then move on. I do give myself permission to move on after the top is done. Quilting the tops is in a different category in my brain for some reason...haha. I guess because it takes so much longer for me.

Went out with Diane to Tilleys for supper tonight. Wow, service was terrible! They were swamped and understaffed, so will cut them some slack. Hope it's not like that again, because I do enjoy going there but will stop if the service gets bad.

Ev hurt his foot at work yesterday. He hasn't had any medical treatment on it. They called his machine off tonight, so he has three days to rest up on it. That might help, but I am concerned about it.

Going to get new receivers for our Dish t.v. this weekend. I'm kinda excited about them. We are getting dvr receivers. That will be so cool. I can record things easily, hopefully. I don't watch much t.v. right now because there isn't much on, but if it's easy to record, I can find some good stuff to record at other times then watch at my convenience.

Got a little pumpkin today. I haven't carved it, but did draw a face on it with a sharpie marker. It's a cute pie pumpkin. Set it out on the front porch. Also picked up some dum dum suckers to give the ghouls and ghosties that come trick or treating. I figure if I get candy I'm not nuts about, maybe I won't eat it!

No comments: