Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Corn and beans

Remember a while back I posted that quilting was always on my mind? Well, tonight I was making dinner and was using corn and beans in a recipe (chicken enchiladas, really yummy!). I had the can of corn in the colander as well as the can of beans in there to drain. I'm looking at them thinking "corn and beans, that's the name of an old time quilt block!" If you want to see an example of the quilt block, here's a link to the Quilter's Cache that shows the block: http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CornandBeansBlock.html

Today was my first day back to work after four days off. It wasn't as bad as a typical Monday, probably because I was busy most of the day. I stopped at Wal Mart in the morning and picked up two full size flat sheets and when I got home I washed and dried them. I was going to sew them together and put pockets on one of them for a new set of waterbed sheets. I didn't get any sewing done tonight though. I made dinner and sat down and that was it! And now it's almost ten and I'm ready to go to sleep. I have become such a wimp...

The back part of my office building is being gutted and turned into offices also. The building used to be a nightclub/bar. In the dumpster there was a heavy microphone stand that I rescued for Nick. I think he will be glad to get it. Wish there was more good stuff like that in the dumpster... And I really thought my days of dumpster diving were over. Guess not.

No comments: