Sunday, November 21, 2010

Late night post

I usually don't post at 1 a.m. but I fell asleep at 9 and now I'm wide awake! It was funny because I just wanted to warm up and got under the covers. That was all it took and I was out! Ev had gone uptown for a beer and all the kids were out so I had the house to myself. The pups and the cats were all being quite the lovers and kept me nice and warm and cozy.

I think Sunday afternoon I might make the Hoscah. I'll put it in the freezer for a couple days because it gets stale so quickly. I'm also going to make a nice Sunday dinner for Ev and the kids. Nick won't eat the meat, but I am thinking a beef or pork roast will be nice with mashed potatoes and gravy. That way we will have leftovers for a day or two then it will be Thanksgiving.

It's no secret that I live in a small town and people know each other and by default usually know some of everyone's business. Well, yesterday a friend of mine called me to tell me about an accident that happened to the grade school principal. Now, my kids have been out of grade school for quite a number of years, but this man was principal when Nick was in 8th grade and was very good to Nick and very fair with him. I have a lot of respect for him. Anyway, it's deer season and apparently the man was out hunting and had an accident with his gun. He shot himself in the arm, close to the shoulder, and almost died from blood loss. They have had him in several surgeries, and thankfully it looks like he will make it. The question now is if they will be able to save his arm or not. I think the whole town is praying for him and that's a good thing.

We went to Tilley's tonight for supper. I told Ev I was making Sunday dinner so we won't be going there Sunday night. I do like that place and want to give it our business so hopefully it stays open and continues to serve food. Johanna went with us and we had a real nice time. Nick and Bethany were at the LAN party, still.

I still love the new DVR we have with the t.v. service! It's so easy to just set whatever you want to record. I can even do it remotely from the computer.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Adding my prayers.