Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday supper

I decided to make a beef roast for supper tonight. We had that, along with gravy, mashed potatoes, pea casserole and salad. It was a good home cooked meal. I also made the hoscah today. Not sure if it's going to survive until Thursday. Half of one went over to my uncle and we ate our way through the other half. I put half of the second one in the freezer and kept half out. If it gets eaten before then, that's okay but I do want to send a half to my mom next weekend when Nick goes up to visit!

I think Everett has overdosed on football today. He has been watching it for about ten hours straight now... He may need an intervention...

No sewing today. I guess I'm in a bit of a slump again. Oh well, I always snap out of them, so not going to stress.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Ok, what is hoscah? Did I miss something?

bunbear said...

Hoscah is a traditional Czech bread. It's a sweet dough with raisins and other fruits in it and it's really really good! My great grandmother used to make it all the time.

Karen said...

Hoscah sounds interesting. Would you share your recipe? I would love to try this.

Thank you. Karen