Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veggie soup

Tonight I made a big pot of vegetable soup with lentils in it. I made it for Nick, but ended up eating more of it than he did! It was really good. I don't know if I could even duplicate the recipe again. I just threw things together. A list of ingredients are: half bag of frozen cauliflower, broccoli, carrot mix, green pepper, fresh green beans, summer squash, zuccini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, a can of hearty progresso tomato soup, vegetable broth, half a bag of lentils. 3 bay leaves, italian seasoning, dried celery, crushed red pepper, dried chives, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley.

I did go upstairs and sew blocks together into rows for the chunky churndash quilt. I put blocks together for six rows. Also did a little organizing in the sewing room.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I love that kind of soup! And lentils just give it wonderful body.