Saturday, November 6, 2010

New sheets

I went upstairs for an hour and made the waterbed sheets - yay! Now I'm washing and drying all the other bed linens, quilts, mattress pad, etc... Going to have a good night sleep tonight, that's for sure. Well, only if my hubby's cold is a little better and he doesn't cough all night... sigh.

I also took the green double nine patch quilt I made for Ev a few years ago and repaired the hole that Ivy chewed in it. I actually had some of the fabrics still that I used in it originally years ago. I didn't match the back, but used a piece of material on the back that I originally used in the binding. On the front I used material I originally used in some of the squares. It's a pretty good patch job. Ivy better find something else to chew on, though. That quilt took three years to finish. It's king sized and heavily hand quilted.

Ev's snoozing on the couch. That cold he has is really trying to grab hold of him. And it's kind of cold in the house right now. I'm tempted to get that electric blanket and curl up in the big chair with a good book. Maybe after I throw the next load of laundry in I will do just that! Ivy is laying by my feet and I know she likes the electric blanket too! haha.

1 comment:

Vail said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog and for the encouraging words. I have been practicing my fm by making some smaller things like table runners and wall hangings -- need to make up my mind to just jump in and tackle a bigger project.

vail.