Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thank you

I did want to thank all the people who said prayers for Mom. I really appreciate it!

Looks like today is going to be a beautiful Fall day. Don't know what the temp is supposed to be, but the sun is shining and the colors are gorgeous on the trees.

Both kids slept at home tonight. I doubt either one will be up before noon, though. Johanna rolled in pretty late. Although Nick didn't go out, I know he was up pretty late. Ev's still asleep, but will probably be up soon. He's had a pretty bad cold. He didn't work last night, which turns out to be a good thing, at least for his health. Paycheck wise, it's another story. They called off most of the plant due to lack of work. Scary situation. Sure hope they get some orders in and quickly!

I'd like to get those quarter square triangle blocks sewn today. I'd also like to get the borders made for the quilt. I'm thinking of doing an inner border of a solid, probably the blue that is in the qst's, and then an outer border of two rows of scrappy two inch squares. Then I would use the blue for the binding.

Got lots of laundry to do today. Having Johanna home creates a lot more dirty towels. She has done her laundry for years herself, but the towels are another story. And, of course, Nick brought some of his home as well. He has to work at Dollar General today at 3. I'm glad he has kept that job for a while, just to make sure that things are going to fly with the music lessons.

Ev has been looking forward to going to Tilley's tonight for dinner. They are having pepper steak as the special and he wants to try it. They don't have a big menu selection, but they do have a daily special. The special usually is not on the regular menu, so it's a real treat to get something different. He got a steak smothered in onions last week that he just raved about. I'm guessing Delbert will go to dinner with us.

I still have to get those two flat sheets turned into waterbed sheets. That's the first thing I should do in the sewing room today. Then I can put them right on the bed and have a real treat - clean sheets! One of my favorite things!

I know one of the reasons I haven't been getting much done. It's because of the electric blanket. Yes, the blame lies on a common household appliance. (is an electric blanket an appliance or linen?) I digress, the reason is that I come home from work, get dinner done and whatever has to be done, then sit down on the couch. I only intend to sit for a half hour or so, then go upstairs, but when I sit down, I'm a little cold. So I pull the electric blanket over me and turn it on. That's it, game over. I'm out for the night.

No comments: