Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cheesecake revisited

Sigh. I thought I was done making cheesecakes for a while. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men. My great uncle's birthday is today. I think he turned 84. Anyway, I thought he just might like a cherry cheesecake for his birthday instead of the traditional cake. I came home at lunch and whipped one together. It was still in the oven when I had to go back to work, so Ev took it out for me when it was time. Then, when I got home tonight I took it over to him. It was early, around 5, and I offered to take him out for dinner, which he accepted. We went to Crossroads Diner, which is a local dive (oh, and I mean dive... the wall paper is quite easily older than I am). He knew that tonight was the pork chop special and really got going on it. He had three pork chops and took another one home! They serve family style, so we had good portions of green beans and mashed potatoes also. It was a good meal and I feel good about taking him out. No one should have to eat dinner out of a styrofoam box, alone, on their birthday! And I don't think I went too far over on my points. I had my pork chop grilled instead of breaded and fried.

So since I made the house smell all cheesecake like, Nick and Ev both loudly complained at the unfairness of having to smell the aroma and not get to eat any cheesecake. I'm such a sucker. I picked up the ingredients for another cheesecake and plan on making it tomorrow night for the guys. That should make them happy.

I'm procrastinating on cutting all those triangles apart and pressing them. It's just such tedious work to me. But, if I want to move on to the next step in the mystery, it has to be done. Maybe tomorrow I will work on them while sitting in front of the t.v. I want to get over to the thrift shop and find a nice basket that I can use to put them in as I'm working on them.

I made Ev a couple nice juicy cheeseburgers for supper. Nick was giving lessons and picked up something to eat before he came home. I did have that oatmeal from McDonald's for breakfast today. MM MM Good!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I had the McDs oatmeal on my roadtrip recently and you are so right it is yummy. You did right with you uncle. Best present ever is company.