Monday, January 31, 2011

Nervous Nelly

That's what I am right now, a Nervous Nelly.  The roads are getting bad with icy sleet coming down, and my son is still an hour North, at college, and not planning to leave for home until 7pm when his class is over.  I really wish he would come home now.  Our office let us go at 2 today because of the weather.  I'm doubtful I will be going to work tomorrow if we get all that is predicted.

I am going to go upstairs and sew.  Maybe if I get lost in that I won't worry so much.  I have the little half square triangles sewn into sections of four.  I need to add one more so that they are sections of five and that part will be done.  Still on the fence about how I'm going to handle the other part of the step.  It calls for making triangles to add to the border section, but I just don't like to make triangles and my machine does like to eat the corners of them.  Maybe I'll do a couple test ones and see how they turn out.

Got a small steak at the grocery store this morning.  Going to make it for Ev tonight with some fresh steamed asparagus.  He took meat loaf and mashed potatoes for his lunch at work.  I hope he gets to come home at regular time.  With the bad weather, you never know who will call off and he may be stuck there an extra four hours.

I have a load of wash in right now.  Going to go downstairs and check to see if there is any water on the floor.  I really hope not.

No comments: