Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yum

Here is a pic of the plotchkas.  They aren't pretty or anything, but they are yummy!  I took this pic when they came out of the oven.  Good thing, too, because there is only one left!  heeheehee.  I think I replicated Mammy's recipe pretty closely.  I will warn you, if you make these, they have a bite to them.  Nothing is in them to cut the sharpness of the kraut.  That said, it's the way I remember them being.  All this is, like I said in the previous post, is leftover kraut and a couple heaping tablespoons of flour.

I pressed some more of the half square triangles.  I still have about 200 of them left to press.  I'm not going to trim the dog ears until I sew them together into the next step.  The thought of sitting down and clipping all those dog ears is mind numbing, let alone will probably give me hand cramps for a week.

Here's a guy on Main Street on a little tractor with a scoop.  Our town usually has angled parking on Main Street, but when we get snow, the plow will pile it in the middle of the street and people will park parallel until the snow in the middle is removed.  This guy is helping remove what's in the middle.  Up ahead is another city worker removing snow with a scoop.  Hey, small towns do what they can to get the job done, right?

Ev and I went to Sunset for lunch, just to get out of the house for a bit.  The drive wasn't bad, but I was real glad I didn't go to work.  In fact, I'm sorely tempted not to go again tomorrow, but I don't think I will cave in to that temptation.  I have the time to take but I think I'll save it for another time.  I will have to leave a little early tomorrow because the cat has an appointment with the vet.

I'm not going to do any cooking tonight.  I made that pork roast last night and there's plenty of it left.  Well, I might make some potatoes to go with it, or noodles, but that's about it.

No comments: