Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just a bit more snow

Overnight we had a little more snow.  I'm not sure how much, but it was enough to dust over the cars.  Maybe even an inch.  I just haven't been outside yet to tell! 

Went over to my dad's last night to play some board games.  Had fun playing 'Sequence'.  There were six of us playing on three teams.  We played four games and my team won two.  The other teams won one each, so when it got down to the last game to break the tie, it got real fun.  My one brother, Bill, was trying his darndest to win, so I gave him a little ribbing about it.  They also played 'Tripoli' which seems like a real fun game.  I sat out on that one.  Johanna and Ben came to our house with Jonathon so I ran home to visit with them a little bit.  Jonathon is getting so big and he's so smart and cute!  When I came in the door he was sitting on the couch with Ev and came running to me for a hug!  My heart just melted.  So we sat in the kitchen for a bit and he had some grapes, vanilla wafers, juice, and a little bit of turkey.  Later he wanted and apple so I sliced that up for him, too.  He took a little bag of fruit home with him.  It was a nice visit.  He can say our last name very well, which pleases Ev especially.  Oh, and he and Ivy got along real good!  He would tell Ivy to 'sit' and then give her a doggy treat (or piece of turkey!) and she was his best friend.  Wrigley kind of stayed in the background still, but she is getting a lot better around company.

So I don't know how it happened, but the cord to charge my computer had a place in it that was almost completely cut through.  I'm thinking it got closed in a drawer on accident, but don't really know.  I'm sure it wasn't the dog, because there are no bite marks, it's a clean slice.  I noticed it because the velcro cord wrap was hanging up on it and actually sparking!  I noticed it last night, luckily, before it could do some major damage.  This morning I got out the trusty electrical tape and did the best job I could on it.  I think it will be okay, but I am going to watch it carefully.  Probably price a new cord, and if they aren't too much, will just go ahead and get one.  I don't like to take chances with electrical things.

Going to church soon.  Today Mass is for my Grandmother who passed away in January 2004.  It's hard to believe she has been gone for seven years.  What is more unbelievable is that her house has stood empty all this time.  When she passed, it was left to my dad and his sister.  My aunt wanted the house so she bought out my dad's portion.  And there it sits.  Empty.

After church we will go to breakfast and then...GO BEARS!  The Bears are playing Green Bay today in the playoffs (did you say playoffs?) and we are all pumped up for it around here, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

It sounds like you have a lot of family fun. I don't have any family close so I appreciate the blessing that is. Have fun with the game today...big rivalry, isn't it?