Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday that felt like Monday

I guess that's the price we pay for having a day off at the beginning of the week. The next day feels like a Monday! Oh well, at least it's a short week.

Made Ev a hamburger dish for supper. I had a cup of homemade lentil soup from the freezer and a three ounce turkey burger. It was pretty good, really.

Tonight I had to do some laundry, as the basket in the bathroom was overflowing. When I went to sort through some of what was on the floor, I found one of Ivy's rawhide bones hiding in the pile of dirty laundry! Last night when Donna was over, Ivy tried to bury Donna's coat in the couch cushion. I think that dog has a bit of obsessive compulsive disorder.... I had to change out my pillowcases because she hid something under them during the day. It's not that there was anything left under them, she had long since moved whatever it was, but the pillowcases had streaks of blood on them. Ivy has a scratch across her nose, and I guess she must have scraped it again to make it start bleeding when she was on the hunt for hiding places! Oh well, not a big deal.

I keep thinking about those swatches of material I got from the drapery place. The material is a mixed bag when it comes to the weight of it. If I stick with swatches primarily out of one swatch book, I should be able to keep the weight fairly consistent. What I'm thinking of doing is making a quilt with one constant color, probably a neutral, and alternating with the swatch colors. I don't know, though. It might be too boring.

I did get 100 of the 600 RRCB half square triangles pressed yesterday. That was something, at least. Didn't do anything on it tonight. Too beat from work. It was a busy day today!

The weather people are predicting a snowstorm tomorrow evening. I wouldn't mind a good snowfall.

No comments: