Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tell me again why we have a puppy?

 Tell me again why I have a puppy?  She has once again proven that she is a mouth with a dog attached...  For reasons known only to Ivy, she chewed up my quilting journal!  It always was sitting out where she could get at it and she always left it alone.  Then one day, chomp, chomp, chomp.  She pulled the cover off of it, chewed some pages inside, chewed the binding...  Well, I guess she just likes to devour a good book.  haha.

I found a pattern on the web for a cover for regular old composition books, even though I don't really need a pattern for something like that, it was nice to have a few measurement guidelines.  I made one cover and am going to use this as my new quilting journal.  I think I might keep it put out of Ivy's reach...wherever that is!

I found composition notebooks in the clearance aisle at Wal Mart for fifty cents, so I picked up a few and will make covers for them and give them away, I think.  The cover I made isn't quilted, but it is lined.  I might try and make a couple quilted covers.

I stopped at the thrift store on my lunch hour today.  They had several rolls of drapery type fabric standing up in a couple barrels.  I found some that will make nice throw rugs.  I'll just use some denim or muslin or something plain for the backs of them and maybe put some batting between the layers.  Hopefully Ivy won't eat them!

Cheetah Bear came home today from the vet.  It's good to have him back by my side.  He's better than a hot water bottle for keeping me warm sometimes.

No comments: