Saturday, January 29, 2011

Icicle, icicle!

When we had our house sided about ten years ago, after a hail storm, we had new gutters put on at the same time.  The outfit that did the work did a lousy job hanging the gutters and they have always leaked.  Here's a pic of a group of icicles that formed on some vines.  Yes, I know I should get rid of the vines...  This morning I was sitting in the front room and heard something that sounded like ice falling, so I'm thinking the icicles are breaking apart and hitting the ground.  It's not quite as cold today, so we will probably see some melting before the day is over.

Ev is still sick with a lousy cold/flu.  He's supposed to work today, so I'm hoping he gets to feeling better before he has to go in!

Nick's still sleeping in the sewing room.  When he rolls out of bed I guess I'll go do some more sewing on RRCB.  I need to go get the little pieces that need clipped and do that while he's still asleep.

Johanna and Ben stopped by last night.  I was making some chocolate chip cookies and they ate about a cookie sheet full before they left!  That's okay, that's what I made them for!  I froze the rest and have them marked as to how many points plus they are on Weight Watchers.  If I want a treat, I can just grab one.  So far, I have been good and only eaten one.

I have those samples from that drapery place and I saw a quilt that I think they would work well in.  It's a strip quilt that uses colors alternating with a constant (in this case it was bright colors alternating with black for a stained glass effect) and then also had the constant in between the strips.  It would work up fairly quickly I think.  May have to try that.

No comments: